Overview : The primary responsibility of the Supply Chain Intern will be to support the SVP of Supply Chain and other Supply Chain management personnel with various daily tasks, analysis, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in the development and documentation of key departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Support in the creation and tracking of various raw material and purchased finished good purchase orders and receipts.
- Develop and deliver analytics and insights in support of supply chain transformation strategies and decision-making processes. By using creative analytic tools, models and problem-solving analyses, provide fact based/objective point of views and recommendations based on synthesis of insights generated from analysis.
- Analyzes business fundamentals, financial performances, and relative benchmarking positions to recommend solutions to business problems.
- Contributes to the development of analytics and/or models in support of key problem-solving initiatives, analyzing and translating findings into clear and compelling recommendations/solutions.
- Researches and synthesizes the fact base in projects leveraging several sources of data internal and external, from primary and secondary sources.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled in a Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or similar degree program. (Junior status or higher)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and perform complex analysis providing insight to key business opportunities
- Must have intermediate computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
Normal open office environment
The position description above and the following job level requirements have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the subject position.